You may begin to notice globs of a thick, mucus-like substance in your discharge this week. This yucky stuff is called the mucus plug, and its presence is totally normal. It gets released as your cervix dilates in preparation for labor.
Is white discharge normal at 38 weeks pregnant?
Normal discharge during pregnancy is clear or white, and usually a bit sticky; it should not have a noticeable odor. It’s OK if your discharge looks a little yellow on your underwear or panty liner during pregnancy, too.
Does increased white discharge mean labor is close?
You might notice an increase in vaginal discharge that’s clear, pink or slightly bloody. This might happen several days before labor begins or at the start of labor. However, if you have vaginal bleeding that is as heavy as a typical menstrual period, contact your health care provider immediately.
What kind of discharge do you have before labor?
5. Bloody show. As labor begins, or several days before it does, a woman may notice an increase in vaginal discharge that’s pink, brown or slightly bloody.
Is white discharge normal before delivery?
Another completely normal type of vaginal fluid appears during the last few weeks of pregnancy. Up to a month before delivery, you may notice an increase in discharge as well as a thicker consistency.
How do you know your dilating?
If they occur low down, just above your pubic bone, this can be a sign your cervix is dilating. It might feel something like the cramping ache you have just before, or at the start of your period. You might also feel a dull ache in the lower part of your back, which comes at regular intervals.
What are some signs that labor is nearing?
What are Some Signs That Labor Is Nearing?
- Weight Gain Stops. Some women lose up to 3 pounds before labor thanks to water breaking and increased urination. …
- Fatigue. Commonly, you will feel exhausted by the end of the third trimester. …
- Vaginal Discharge. …
- Urge to Nest. …
- Diarrhea. …
- Back Pain. …
- Loose Joints. …
- The Baby Drops.
How do you know when labor is approaching?
Inside your body, your cervix should be dilating from 6 to 10 centimeters, and you will notice stronger signs that labor is here, including:
- Water breaking. …
- Strong and regular contractions. …
- Cramp in your legs. …
- Back pain or pressure. …
What are 3 signs that labor is approaching?
These signs of labor include:
- Lightning crotch pain (sharp, burning or shooting nerve pain in your pelvis caused by your baby’s position).
- Loose stools or diarrhea.
- Sudden burst of energy (which Dr. Emery says is often associated with nesting, or the strong desire to get your home ready for baby).
What are the signs of labor at 38 weeks?
Signs of Labor:
- You baby “drops”
- Your cervix dilates.
- Increased cramps and back pain.
- Stop gaining weight.
- Increased fatigue and tiredness.
- You lose your mucus plug and/or your vaginal discharge changes color.
- Stronger more frequent contractions.
What does a milky white discharge mean when your 37 weeks pregnant?
It’s perfectly normal to have a mild-smelling milky white discharge even before pregnancy. (It’s called leukorrhea.) There’s just a lot more of it during pregnancy because your body is producing more estrogen, which signals the vagina to produce more discharge. Clear to milky white.
What are the five signs of labor?
5 Signs That You’re Really in Labor
- Your contractions are strong. …
- Your contractions are regular. …
- The pain in your belly or lower back doesn’t go away when you move or change positions.
- Your water breaks. …
- You have a bloody (brownish or reddish) mucus discharge.
How can you tell if your cervix is softening?
Reach to the end of the vaginal canal and feel for the texture and thickness of your cervix. If what you feel is very hard and thick, you’re likely not very effaced. If it feels mushy and thin, you may be making some progress.